- This event has passed.
Margarita Shake Up: An Evening of Painting & Dining on the Farm!
October 2, 2015 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm$50 - $75
Shake up your creativity and your appetite with this fun, tasty and inspiring evening on the farm! A frosty margarita and good company sets the stage for your painting session. Artist and cookbook author Marcella Kriebel leads the group through a watercolor painting project of farm fresh produce. This is a creative session for beginners and experienced painters alike – with Marcella’s guidance everyone will discover the joy of their unique talents.
Then be prepared for a dining experience you’ll long remember! Using fresh ingredients from the farm, Charlene and Richard will be cooking up recipes from Marcella’s cookbook, Mi Comida Latina. Relax at the long dining table in the outdoor garden; enjoy the company, the food, and celebrate everyone’s creativity!
Marcella wrote and illustrated the cookbook Mi Comida Latina after extensive travel in Latin America.
This workshop includes:
- Guidance to help you “see” and paint foods more creatively
- All art supplies for class (paint, paper, pens, brushes)
- Your finished artwork to take home – ready to frame
- Traditional margaritas and a fabulous farm fresh dinner including LocroDeZapallo and Causa — recipes right out of Marcella’s cookbook
- Great company and conversation
- Inspiration to continue with your painting and other creative endeavors in the future
The dinner is homemade from farm ingredients as the season allows and is included in the price of your reservation.
To register for class, or for more information, contact Charlene at 503-357-4992 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $50, or $75 with signed cookbook Mi Comida Latina
Check out the blog post on the last class Marcella taught at Nana Cardoon. See how much fun they had!